Feb 1, 2010

Soule Restaurant: From the Mind of ILL


Happy February, people.

Or as I like to call it: CONSPIRACY MONTH…

Yes, I said it. And what would make me think that?

Not that it’s Black History Month and it’s the shortest month of the year… as opposed to Hispanic Heritage Month, which splits September and October. I’ll talk about that some other time (Note: I probably and more than likely won’t.)

No. The big Conspiracy for me?

Valentine’s Day.


Yeah, I said it.

Cupid.

Eh.

Baby New Year? Cool kid in a diaper.

Cupid? Hhmph.

The reason Valentine’s Day is a conspiracy is that it is a holiday made up to support the Hershey family, the Hallmark Corporation and the Florists of America.

Don’t believe me?

Okay. Sunday night, go home to your significant other (You know this is aimed at the fellas) and don’t come home with a gift. No flowers. No candy. No card. No dinner plans. Just you, her and Jack Bauer.

See how long it is before you get the cold shoulder. Or a cutting board to the back of the head.

It happens.

Why can't I give you flowers on March 18th? ‘Cause the day doesn't have a title attached to it? Flowers on April 24th just ‘cause I can? C-O-N-Spiracy!

I'd like to congratulate the New Orleans Saints for winning the Super Bowl.

Shout out to all the groupie chicks who were flying back from Miami afterwards and not able to enjoy the game ‘cause they were in the air.

Shoutout to everyone who played Super Bowl boxes and won.

First time in 18 years, I won. Now I can pay child support.

Saturday, during our earth shattering snowfall (end sarcasm), I went to play paintball in Long Island. If you never have, please go and play once. There's video of me actin' a fool on Twitter.

Follow @ILLWayneGacey and look on my timeline. It’s there. My ankle is the size of a new born's head. It was well worth it.

Sunday was the 10th (yes... 10th) anniversary of the passing of Christopher "Big Pun" Rios. Regardless of his personal issues, he was an incredible emcee.

I first heard him on the song FIREWATER and lost my mind. And people are still amazed at his "Dead in the middle of Little Italy, little did we know that we riddled two middle men who didn't do diddly". Hip-Hop misses you.

Enjoy conspiracy month!

No comments:

Post a Comment