Jun 18, 2009

Soule Restaurant: Happy Father's Day!


I would like to wish every reader out there a Happy Father's Day. You know... Father's Day.

The day where sales run from 4:12pm to 4:18pm. Not like Mother's Day, which takes place in May, but sales start in February... Historically, Mother's Day is the day with the most phone calls in the United States. Father's Day is the day with the most collect calls... It's a fact.

And gifts... Our kids buy us gifts that are just atrocious. How many striped aqua and marine blue polyester ties can you get? And the horrible thing is, we get the credit card bill and have to pay for the crappy gift that we bought for ourselves.

But in all seriousness, if you are a Father, you accept these. Happily.

I remember my first Father's Day... My daughter, in all her one-month-old glory, had a package for me in her hand. I took it... it was a money clip that said "JAZZY'S DAD."

I've done a lot in life, and nothing may ever match the happiness of that moment...

So ladies, sons and daughters, buy your Father something nice. 'Cause as men, its sometimes hard for us to say how we feel, and we appreciate it all.

Hell... Even another polyester tie ain't gonna be all that bad.

Signed,

Victor Torres

No comments:

Post a Comment